The designs and development of isolation pods can be used to keep infected people in isolation and avoid the spread of the virus Covid 19.
The pod can be used to:
● Prevent the spread of virus and bacteria in Mauritius
● Easily convert the open wards of hospitals in Mauritius into safe zones, therefore maximizing on available resources to accommodate more sick people.
● Provide a safer environment for staff working in hospitals, as well as to other non- affected patients within the same hospital.
● Allow self-isolation to be practiced safely at home to avoid affecting other family members in patients with mild symptoms.
● Provide cheap, easy and quick to produce isolation pods with the use of readily available materials in Mauritius.
● The Isolation Pod will be light-weight and can easily be moved.
● Optimise treatment of mild cases of Covid 19 in elderly care homes and in prisons.
● As quarantine units for individuals with risk of being contamination by the virus